The TheraGun is the ideal device to aid in a patient’s muscle recovery. In order to provide deep muscle treatment, most devices and therapies cause a great deal of pain, limiting their effectiveness and causing discomfort. The TheraGun’s AmpBIT uses a strong percussive force on the muscle that creates intense blood flow to help the muscle recover without the pain normally associated with deep muscle treatment. The TheraGun uses a unique combination of frequency and amplitude that inhibits the brain from sensing pain signals from the muscle, allowing deeper and longer muscle treatment. The increased muscular blood flow caused by the TheraGun produces numerous benefits for patients, such as increased mobility, stretching of the muscle and removing muscle knots and cramps.
The TheraGun is a vital tool to speed up the recovery process. It drives blood flow and oxygen to the injured or recovering area, which drives lactic acid away, resulting in a looser joint. That allows the physical therapist to truly work with the patient to accelerate their recovery.
A lightweight, compact and mobile device, the TheraGun can be used anywhere without the need for an electrical outlet. Weighing less than 3 pounds, the TheraGun’s compact size and ease of use make it the ideal tool for a physical therapist’s practice. Physical therapists can use it to treat several patients at a time. While working on one patient, the therapist can have other patients use the TheraGun to work on their own bodies. The easily exchangeable AmpBITs can be used to customize the muscle treatment. The TheraGun treatment can serve as an additional service which the physical therapist can bill the patient. The battery operated TheraGun can also be easily transported from room to room, patient to patient, with no cords, while enhancing the overall experience.
Use the TheraGun G1:
- To apply pressure to a muscle while performing A.R.T., P.I.R. or manual therapy
- On those small areas where you would normally use your thumb to apply pressure to a muscle
- To reduce muscle knots with significantly less pain, and for longer treatment periods, than with other methods such as a foam roller
- To treat the rotator cuff muscles and other smaller important muscles
- To loosen hamstrings and other important postural muscles
- On tendons, ligaments and scar tissue to help heat the tissue and increase blood flow directly
- As a neuromuscular reeducation tool
- To stimulate nerves with pathology that limits a patient’s range of motion
- To treat patients’ muscle cramps from functional rehabilitation
Results: The TheraGun increases the patient's range of motion, reduces their pain immediately, restores function and prevents injury by keeping blood in the area being treated or manipulated. The TheraGun helps maximize function and improve proper mobility. It also helps improve flexibility, coordination and balance, and restore muscle function. It prevents the progression of symptoms and improves the quality of patients’ lives.
“I like the TheraGun because it releases soft tissue tension instead of manual trigger point therapy around the hips, shoulder girdles and two joint muscles. I use it before or after joint mobs and before exercise.”
– Janet Jin, Performance Physical Therapist and Manager at EXOS, in Carson, CA
The following are featured videos of Dr. Jason S. Wersland, DC at The Yard in Hermosa Beach, CA working on Lisa and Miki Barber showing you how to use the TheraGun G1 on different parts of your patients body for loosening, injury prevention and recovery.